Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thank You

I haven't blogged in a LONG time and I honestly don't know how to start this. I feel like this might be a good way to let people know how I'm doing and how the family is doing... I also know that more "thank yous" are necessary than can be expressed in a simple Facebook status....

So to start off, I want to thank everyone who has been there, in a myriad of ways, over the past few months. All of the meals, the cards, the visits to my mom in the hospital, the small presents to cheer her up, the flowers, the conversations, the hugs, the tears, the laughs that were shared, the advice and concern for our family, the uplifting and encouraging Facebook comments, the positive thoughts, the prayers, for coming to celebrate my mother's life on July 10th and 11th and for all of those who continue to be there for my family and for each other as we reflect in both saddness and happiness on how she has touched our lives-- THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart.


My mom is an amazing person who lives on in so many ways. Instead of mourning her loss in sadness, I look forward to finding her in each new day. Sometimes it's a flower or a plant she liked or sometimes it's when I find myself giving advice that was given to me by her. While these moments often bring on tears, it does make me happy to realize how many ways I carry her with me.

2 comments: